268-282 Vauxhall Bridge Rd
hotel & leisure
demolition, enabling works, and basement construction
£ circa 4 million
The existing structures present on site comprise six separate properties 268-282 Vauxhall Bridge Road. This will be a hotel development.
- retaining 8No chimney pots above 278-282 Vauxhall Bridge Road
- demolition of all structures down to ground floor level
- partially retain the ground floor rear wall to support the Thames sewer on King’s Scholars’ Passage
- basement construction.
- traffic logistics and pedestrian controls around the site
- complex services diversions and terminations
- maintaining a welfare and site office within welfare cabins based on a gantry on Vauxhall Bridge Road
- considerations for the nearby occupied and sensitive neighbouring properties
- maintaining vehicle access and egress from the loading area/pitlane on Vauxhall Bridge Road
- noise, dust and vibration controls throughout the project
- 4 tonne vehicle weight limit on King’s Scholars’ Passage
- scaffolding works to encapsulate the demolition works
- suspension of the double red line and parking bays on Vauxhall Bridge Road
- suspension of site side footway on King’s Scholars’ Passage
- TfL interface and licensing.